Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Help needed: 1996 Sonata

Old 10-31-2013, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1996 Hyundai Sonata
Default Help needed: 1996 Sonata

Hello

I have this problem with my 1996 Sonata doors.

The old doors I had (look at the attachments, black doors) have those bigger square holes for the door mouldings.

I found myself replacement doors (white in the photos) from old car dismantlers. The replacement doors were taken off from a 1995 year model, but I couldn't get the VIN-code of that car.

My 1996 Hyundai Sonata VIN-code is: KMHCF31FPTU507463

Now the problem is, that I compared my old doors with the white doors and I noticed the difference between the holes,

where the mouldings attatch.

The question is which mouldings fit the white doors as they don't have those bigger rectangular holes? What are the part

numbers for those mouldings?

Hyundai dealer said that they can't help me in this question. A VIN-code of a car which has same doors and moulding attachment as my white doors could help.

Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
front_right_1.jpg (453.9 KB, 0 views)
front_right_2.jpg (225.7 KB, 0 views)
rear_right_1.jpg (306.8 KB, 0 views)
rear_right_2.jpg (250.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you have both sets of doors, why not just replicate the holes from the old doors on the new? As you have found out the hard way, on a car this old there is not going to be much help out there.