Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Powdercoating calipers

Old 10-28-2013, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Elantra
Default Powdercoating calipers

Im having my calipers powdercoated and I was wondering if there were any tricks to getting them off easily. I have changed my brakes before and I know how to do all that but I dont know how to remove the actual calipers from the brake lines. Any help?

P.S.

I'm having them done gold, with slotted and drilled rotors so I'll have this look

Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

In regards to the front calipers on a tib/elantra, if you follow the rubber hose from the brake line to the back of the caliper you will see a bolt that is attaching the two. All you need to do is unbolt the brake line from the back of the caliper and remove the caliper from the hub and you should be good to go.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

cept you have to disassemble the caliper itself in order to powdercoat it. heat tends to melt rubber seals
Old 10-28-2013, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Air compressor blows out the pistons easy enough. Rebuilding them is as simple as replacing the rubber seal, use a vice the press the pistons most of the way in, replace the dust boot and finish pressing them in. I fail to see the difficulty [sub]so long as you're smarter than me and using the right sized parts. [/sub]