Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Transmission swap questions

Old 10-26-2013, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Transmission swap questions

We are considering a automatic to manual trans swap in my son's 1999 Accent. The car is a nice 80k miles hatchback with spotless body and interior (Arizona car most of it's life) but has a bad transmission. He's been driving my 2001 Tiburon while we decide what to do about his car.

He has a line on a 2001 Accent with a good trans but engine has a blown head gasket and really bad body. Our questions are:

1. Will there be any issues using the trans and flywheel from the 2001 in the 1999 (we'll keep the 1999 engine)

2. Will the shifter mechanism and cables from the 2001 work in the 1999.

3. Spedo cable issues?

We've read the other threads on some of the wiring issues involved in swapping an auto for manual so I think we're ok on that part.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Beta accent

Should all bolt up as long as the LC is a sohc ,trans will bolt up for sure u can use the cables and shifter with some modding u have to drill 2 holes thru the body in order for the shifter to sit right on the accent shifter base is diff but worth the swap i did it on mine and its a much better throw...