Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Hit the curb

Old 10-19-2013, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Hit the curb

I was making a left but wasnt really paying attention and didnt realize the turn lane had a divider and I hit the curb or island pretty hard. I was shocked to find my tire still intact. Now my poor little car veers to the right very bad. I know I definately need an alignment. I noticed the tire scrapes the wheel well slightly now when I turn sharp. The piece of mudd-flap or whatever that is completely broke and undercarriage is all jacked up. Any takes to guessing what I am working with? Costs? Parts? Any thing will be useful. I am hoping it's just body damage and can be fixed easily. I also need, just a part of a window regulator or the whole thing if its available. Cant buy just the little white sprocket that makes pully or spindle that coils the cable. Does anyone know what Im talking about?

Any pictures, sites , specs, or suggestions would be highly useful. for the
Old 10-19-2013, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

without pics you are going nowhere
Old 10-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I am guessing you bent the !@#!@# out of a control arm if its scraping and trying to turn really hard. Pics and you may want to park it until a professional looks at it so the freaking tire doesn't break free going down the road. Going with used parts this could be somewhat cheap to fix. Going with brand new stuff.... might want to make an insurance claim.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Agreed , you need to inspect or have the steering and suspension checked . It sounds like you have bent the Lower Control Arm , maybe more. Other than fabricating something ( Not easy ) the regulator will have to be replaced .
Old 10-20-2013, 12:00 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

Go get some free quotes.

We can scream info at you but none of us can fix it for you, alot of guys would offer if they was local and had the time im sure.

Not being a jerk but if u cant take a ton of pictures/ angles and get ur hands dirty for us forums aren't that useful.

all we can do is. Once u get your quotes come back and we can advise you if your being scammed or not.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I did a similar thing to my Tiburon. I was off road playing in the mud then as I was getting back on the road a puddle was covering a monster hole and I hit it so hard with the driver side wheel I got at least 1 foot off the ground with that tire and ended up with a sidewall bubble in the tire even though it didn't pop and scratched the hell out of the rim and threw off my alignment.

I ended up replacing tires, rims and the lower control arm with ball joint then re-aligned the car.