Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Any way to add LED's to the cup holder?

Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 elantra
Default Any way to add LED's to the cup holder?

2000 Elantra's have the same cup holders has RD1 and 2 Tibs (the pop out style from the dash). Is there any way to add LED's to it so they light up blue when you pop them out to put a cup in them?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I'm sure you could wire in a trigger switch, perhaps a push button one that is "on" when its depressed and "off" when its pressed, then drill and mount on the side of the cupholder box. That way when the tray is opened up the switch is released, turning "on" the LEDs. Everytime its closed, it presses the switch turning "off" the LEDs. then a small LED strip on the underside of the plastic tray should be sufficient.

Also be careful when you take apart the cup holder mechanism the metal coil spring is kinda sharp.

I'm going by memory of what the Cup holder looks like, because I'm too lazy to walk downstairs and out to the barn to look at it.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Make it automagic. Put it so the tray pushes on the switch when the tray is closed, and it lights as the tray opens.