General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Hyundai Stop Lamp Switch Recall

Old 04-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Hyundai Stop Lamp Switch Recall

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/Campaign110

Hyundai has decided to conduct a voluntary safety recall in the United States to replace the stop lamp switches of various 2007-2011 model year vehicles. Certain Accent, Elantra, Genesis Coupe, Santa Fe, Sonata, Tucson and Veracruz models are affected. On March 29, 2013, Hyundai notified NHTSA of this action.

During the affected models’ production periods, some vehicles were equipped with stop lamp switch assemblies that may experience intermittent switch point contact. This condition could potentially result in intermittent operation of the push-button start feature, intermittent ability to remove the vehicle’s shifter from the Park position, illumination of the “ESC” (Electronic Stability Control) indicator lamp in the instrument cluster, intermittent interference with operation of the cruise control feature, or intermittent operation of the stop lamps.

All owners of record with affected vehicles will be contacted by first class mail and instructed to bring their vehicles to Hyundai dealers to have the stop lamp switches replaced at no cost to owners.

What will Hyundai do?

• Your Hyundai dealer will replace your vehicle’s stop lamp switch. This procedure will be performed at no charge to you.
  • The actual time required to perform the procedure will take approximately 1 hour, however your vehicle may be needed longer depending on the dealer’s schedule; therefore, we recommend scheduling a service appointment to minimize inconvenience.
  • There may be a delay when making your appointment due to parts availability. We appreciate your patience.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Got my recall notice today.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

we got one last week on the accent
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

I have one for both cars. I have warranty work need on the Genesis Coupe but the Accent there is nothing wrong. I'm going to see if they just give me the switch. I really don't know of any issues on the Accent, on the Coupe it does stop the cruise control from engaging sometimes.