Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Cleaning Between Fron Seats & Console

Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Elantra
Default Cleaning Between Fron Seats & Console

There's some debris between the front seats and the console. Even using a very thin vacuum attachment, I cannot get to this area. I've resigned myself to removing the seats this one time, but I don't want to have to do this every time something falls into this area. Anyone know a trick for cleaning this area without removing the seats ?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

when i wanna really clean my car i take the seats out, its 4 bolts nothing hard.. and then you know it will be clean for a lil while

if you keep dropping stuff down there just grab a chop stick or something long to push/pull it out?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Tape the core of a roll of paper towels or toilet tissue to the end of your vacuum cleaner hose, it'd probably squeeze down thin enough to fit
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

^^^^that

I find you can reach that dirt better with the vacuum if you go at it from under the front seat from the rear of the car. Removing the seats seems like over-kill IMO.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Elantra GT

You can always avoid having stuff accumulating in this area with the revolutionary new Drop Stop - only $19.99, and if you order now, you'll also receive the anti slide cloth, and something else that I forgot even though I viewed the video 5 minutes ago. As seen on Shark Tank, which gives it that much more credibility. Don't hit any more pedestrians and telephone poles attempting to retrieve your phone from between the console and seat. Order today
Old 11-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Or jam a piece of foam in the crack. Or a flannel shirt or whatever. But hey, hooray Capitalism if it works for them.