Hyundai Santa Fe Forum The Hyundai Santa Fe Forum. Hyundai's Sport Utility Vehicle discussions here such as the Santa Fe, Tuscon, and Veracruz! Learn what makes these great cross overs and SUV's one of the favorites amongst Hyundai owners.

CRD Electric Lift Fuel Pump

Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 CRD Santa Fe
Default CRD Electric Lift Fuel Pump

Hi all

My 4x4 is a CRD 2.0L Has anyone had problems with the fuel pump the one in the tank? Well I think its in the tank as it sounds as though it is but Im going to strip the area tomorrow as find out. It looks from what I have seen in the books and on the internet a silver tube about 2" in dia with a tube fitting at either end and then 2 power connections at one of the ends?. That being so I wondered if its outside the tank or in the tank?

The pump is making a growling sound and now you can hear it even over the heater and radio . It works as normal in that when you turn on the ignition it fires up and then once at pressure it stops but as soon as engine is running the pump is also running all the time. I only found out today As I thought it was the electric radiator fan running till I got out of the car with it still running Doh.. what a pain.. The other pain is There is no one that carries or can get a after market pump so at the moment its £270 plus the dreaded vat. I can get one from the US but its over £140 and £40 postage and even then they cannot say how long it will take?.Iv found a couple which I think might fit but again still over £180 plus £10 delivery here in the UK Iv got to take it apart and see if I can get any numbers from it Then go from there. Its funny that this morning it was kangarooing a little So now Im a little scarred to use it in case it fails all together?

Has anyone any Idea what it might be will it be the bearings or brushes or? Can they be reworked does anyone know?

Any help on this matter gratefully received..

All the best and many thanks. Andy