Site News, Suggestions, & Bugs Please post all suggestions, issues & bugs you have with the site here. Hyundai Aftermarket.org News will be posted here as well. Thanks....

Sexism on HA

Old 12-04-2012, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Greatest thread on this site.

Wheels, your last post was excellent.

However I do see your point about how it is not a photography contest, it is a I like this (car/person/gender) contest. I think that IF HA wanted to remedy this the only way would be to bring in independent judges that could look at the photos, pick out the most technically correct/artistic/well captured one and declare a winner.

HA could also rename the contest so that it is no longer a "photography" contest and is now a "my favorite picture for X reason contest".

However I find it much more likely that HA will leave the contest as it is, you will cry me a river, I will assume that you prefer the company of homosexual men.

It's good to be back.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

The Fall Photo Contest had well over 200 votes. We have many members that utilize this site for information, knowledge, and entertainment without posting that are less likely to be swayed by "popularity." While calling it a popularity contest may seem feasible, with over 200 votes and such a close race (34, 35, 43, 51, 54 votes) I think it's a pretty damn close 'popularity' contest. We get many new sign ups as a result of HA posting the contest on Facebook and people registering to vote. We DO check IPs and we deleted many duplicate votes. The new sign ups alone are enough to sway the contest one way or another considering how close they usually are. I believe this last contest was more spread out than most, and it was still close.

If it were truly a popularity contest, I would win everytime I entered. [/thread]
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

im with wheels.. but I also am guilty of this..

If I like a couple pictures, my vote will always end up going to someone who I like more and who is NOT a female because of the the whole 'girls having each-others backs' provokes me to vote the other way to keep them from winning
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ so we have reverse-sexism countering the sexism... as such I believe the overwhelming male majority may do well to offset this sexism claim.

When I vote in the vehicle contests, I consider my background of the vehicle itself and the work put into it. If it's just a body kit and wheels, meh... if it has $4,000 under the hood, better suspension, and not funded through eBay, I'll give it higher consideration.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 turbo elantra

Old 12-04-2012, 02:57 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

Well i had a long ass post ready to put down and then I realized this isnt about people b*tching about RotM....... so....... haters gonna hate.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

I dont often vote but looking at photos is nice but if there is a cute lady posing with her car then my vote goes to her...any lady brave enough to post a photo of herself to a majority male audience deserves a solid win. Honestly ladies you have boobs so winning is easy for you, sure that may be a sexist view but if liking the way a woman looks over her car gets the vote then call me guilty.

Regardless.

This is the internet and things are skewed by hiding behind a screen name, arguing and facts dont exist on the interwebs.

Stick together ladies so us men can keep imagining what happens when you take off to the bathroom together!

***Edit***

Merry Christmas!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

I know this is necrobump but I voted for your Accent and I own a Mazda... your arguement is invalid.