Hyundai Aftermarket.org: How loud is your turbo spool? - Hyundai Aftermarket.org

Toggle shoutbox Hyundai Aftermarket Shoutbox

05Sonata  : (21 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Posted a new topic -- Window Tint Quality in Hyundai Sonata Forum
phatiby00  : (21 December 2014 - 04:14 PM) Posted a new topic -- After 15 years, I'm selling my tib in Hyundai Genesis Forum
Dark Tibby  : (21 December 2014 - 04:10 PM) Posted a new topic -- Gray Hair Already in Health, Body, & Wellness
Jonas  : (21 December 2014 - 04:04 PM) Posted a new topic -- Aliens may have been found in Computers, Gaming, & Technology
GreenSpeedy  : (21 December 2014 - 04:02 PM) Posted a new topic -- Cops on high alert in Off Topic Cafe
Hyundai News...  : (21 December 2014 - 11:41 AM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: _14710 in Introduction
DetailersDomain  : (21 December 2014 - 10:11 AM) Posted a new topic -- New BMW M3 Mineral White/Sahkir Orange gets the works! in Detailer's Domain
Hyundai News...  : (20 December 2014 - 02:06 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: PocoTonto in Introduction
Hyundai News...  : (19 December 2014 - 05:19 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Babygirl in Introduction
Hyundai News...  : (19 December 2014 - 05:08 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: misterj in Introduction
Visionz  : (19 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) Posted a new topic -- Hankook's futuristic concept tires in Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension
Visionz  : (19 December 2014 - 08:25 AM) :thumbup:
Zekkal  : (19 December 2014 - 01:20 AM) That's awesome!
faithofadragon  : (19 December 2014 - 12:32 AM) goddam straya. fist bump
faithofadragon  : (19 December 2014 - 12:32 AM) SYDNEY’S chief Islamic ­funeral director yesterday declared no Muslim funeral home would accept the body of terrorist Man Haron Monis and authorities should just dump his corpse at sea or “chuck him in the bloody shithouse”
faithofadragon  : (18 December 2014 - 09:54 PM) Posted a new topic -- Talk to me about Gaming Mice in Computers, Gaming, & Technology
Tamirm1  : (18 December 2014 - 09:53 PM) Thanks to everyone. Yes, I did pull the fuses out one at a time, and one of them was the correct one. The only problem is t that I fumbled two fuses, dropping them into the bottom of the fuse area, and even with nose pliers cannot reach them. That wouldn't be terrible, but they must have been important because now my trusty car won't start. Won't turn over completely! Anyway, everything is hard when you don't know what you are doing. Luckily, I can use my daughter's car (out of country for a few more days) to go down to my nice, fair, very elderly mechanic, and ask if he can please work on it ASAP, once I get it towed to him (10 miles away). You all were very nice, and I appreciate it. By the way, I love my car, and will stick with Hyundai when I am able to buy a new car.
Tamirm1  : (18 December 2014 - 07:08 PM) Can anyone tell me which fuse is the brake light for a 2005 Accent?
Tamirm1  : (18 December 2014 - 07:00 PM) Posted a new topic -- Location of specific fuse in Hyundai Accent Forum
Hyundai News...  : (18 December 2014 - 06:56 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Tamirm1 in Introduction
Resize Shouts Area

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the Hyundai Aftermarket community today!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How loud is your turbo spool?

#1 User is offline   Screamer- 

• Group: Members
  • Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Track
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Cowboy

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

I know on the stock Genesis, you can hear the stock turbo spool up slightly, but I have heard other peoples turbos (aftermarket ones) that have a REAL loud spooling sound. What makes one louder over another? Is it size or efficiency or both? Does a smaller turbo give less spooling sound than a big one, or are there bigger ones that are pretty silent too?

#2 User is offline   turbosocks 

• Group: Moderators
  • Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Sarcastic

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

bigger typically has more sound as its going to be flowing more.. if you take your intake off of the stock turbo it will be a lot louder also (don't try this)

the stock intake on any turbo car will silence it significantly.

if you just put a filter over the turbo it will be loudest (while being safe) but if you have long CAI piping with filter + filter sock it wont be as loud..

#3 User is offline   wheel_of_steel 

• Illmatic goat whisperer.
  • Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Spaced

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

Needs more screamer pipe brah

#4 User is offline   faithofadragon 

• indubiously I am Amorous of those Ecdysiast
  • Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Devilish

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

lol i removed the silencer surge plate off my turbo TO MAKE IT MORE OF TEH LOUDS

#5 User is offline   carlameyer 

• Vehicle: honda civic 2004
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

He probably just wants to hear his turbo,with i guess he can do by silencing the exhaust, getting a bigger turbo, getting a better intake system, or find a way to manually force air into your turbo. electric blow dryer? or you can try a turbo inlet pipe.But as our friend said, this is not the best thing, because it really slows you down with more of a spool time on your turbo.also you can check for any leaks in your waste gate or blow off valve. this would tend to give you a longer spool time but not a louder sound.

Aftermarket Car Parts

This post has been edited by carlameyer: 20 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

#6 User is offline   Turboron_99 

• Slave to Boostin!!
  • Vehicle: 99 Tiburon
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Murderous

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx197/bigracer_88/IMG_7773.jpg

Something like this!!! LMFAO!!! Then your car will sound like a f*cking DYSON!!!!!

Also Screamer pipe (Open dump tube) Doesnt promote to spool sound, that exhaust never even see's the turbo, LMFAO!!! All it does is make you DEAF... Also I am Screamer Piped!!!

#7 User is offline   slow 2K2GT 

• Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Notamused

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

I've had people say my car sounds like a jet engine as its spooling up and others that complain about my screamer pipe.

#8 User is offline   JonGTR 

• Group: Forum Specific Moderator
  • Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, F250 FX4 Turbo, 300ZX Turbo
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Shove It

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

The number of vanes, then hotside size, play the biggest factor. In the Superduty world, the late 03 turbos had only 7 (or was it 9) vanes on the hotside. They absolutely screamed with open 4" exhaust. Ford got complaints, so in 04 they went to 11 vanes or some sh*t. Still got complaints, so they went with 13 vanes in 05. That did the trick. So now every tuner wants to swap in the 03 turbo to get the "Screamer".
I had an 03 SD. It was definitely loud and the high pitched scream started to get annoying.

(insert black dude woo woo pic here)
"woo wooooo!!!"

HyundaiAftermarket

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users