Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Does a car get totaled automatically if airbags deploy? - Hyundai Aftermarket.org

Toggle shoutbox Hyundai Aftermarket Shoutbox

faithofadragon  : (30 September 2014 - 09:47 PM) like driving down the road and it locks up without stepping on the brakes or brakes are very touchy
faithofadragon  : (30 September 2014 - 09:47 PM) i still donno what you mean by locking up.
SR Tech  : (30 September 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dn't reall need to
SR Tech  : (30 September 2014 - 08:33 PM) Well I guess if you replaced all the sh*t you wou
SR Tech  : (30 September 2014 - 08:32 PM) You flush the brake fluid? Can get moisture in it over time and can boil the fluid once heated
Negative  : (30 September 2014 - 07:04 PM) Changed the master cylinder, brake booster, wheel cylinders, brake lines and now the proportion valve. Brakes are still locking up.. Any ideas? Throwing in the towel if I can't find what the f**k is wrong with the thing in the next few days.
Elantra66  : (29 September 2014 - 05:36 PM) Posted a new topic -- Is it possible for an engine with electronic fuel injection to flood? in Engine, Intake, Exhaust
Riot  : (29 September 2014 - 05:32 PM) Posted a new topic -- What are you really picky about when it comes to your garage? in General Performance & Hyundai Chat
Dano  : (29 September 2014 - 05:28 PM) Posted a new topic -- What type of gamer are you? in Computers, Gaming, & Technology
Goose  : (29 September 2014 - 05:22 PM) Posted a new topic -- Pentagon hires COD creator for advice in Off Topic Cafe
Hyundai News...  : (29 September 2014 - 03:12 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: crap123 in Introduction
tiburon01  : (29 September 2014 - 02:05 PM) Posted a new topic -- Tiburon Vented Hood in Hyundai Tiburon Forum
217Sonatta  : (29 September 2014 - 01:53 PM) Posted a new topic -- 350 LB woman blames Government for being obese in Health, Body, & Wellness
i_hate_genco...  : (29 September 2014 - 01:19 PM) Posted a new topic -- Jeep Owner Gets Last Laugh on Corvette Driver's Greedy Parking Job in Off Topic Cafe
BlueGT  : (29 September 2014 - 01:15 PM) Posted a new topic -- GoPro Hero4 in Computers, Gaming, & Technology
sanigene  : (29 September 2014 - 01:10 PM) Posted a new topic -- How good are JL Audio's stealth boxes? in Hyundai Veloster Forum
Jubei  : (29 September 2014 - 11:25 AM) Posted a new topic -- Hondas New Civic Type R in Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions
CARiD  : (29 September 2014 - 09:18 AM) Posted a new topic -- Side view mirrors for your Hyundai in External Appearance
DarkStar  : (29 September 2014 - 08:08 AM) Posted a new topic -- Needs more bacon in Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen)
Boston Red V...  : (29 September 2014 - 07:17 AM) Posted a new topic -- When are you guys putting your winter tires on? in Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension
Resize Shouts Area

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the Hyundai Aftermarket community today!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does a car get totaled automatically if airbags deploy?

#1 User is offline   SCAccent 

• Group: Members
  • Vehicle: 02 Accent
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Tired

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

If you're in an accident, but only do minor damage to the front of your car, but the air bags deploy...is the car considered totaled regardless?

This didnt happen to my car. I was j/w

This post has been edited by SCAccent: 21 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

#2 User is offline   wheel_of_steel 

• Illmatic goat whisperer.
  • Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Spaced

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

I don't think so, because airbags are designed to be replaced. However, that's probably down to the insurance assessor.

In Australia at least, It's deemed a regular or repairable write off if the shop repairs are worth more than the car, and a statuary write off if the structure has been compromised.

#3 User is offline   killiger 

• Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

its totaled if the insurance company can save money by just paying you what the car is worth instead of fixing

#4 User is offline   Stocker 

• Group: Moderators
  • Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

For an 02 accent I'm guessing the answer will be "yes" because the value of the car will be < the cost to replace both bags and fix the front end of the car after you rearend somebody.

Then you buy it back from the ins. co. for a few hundred bucks, don't replace the airbags, replace the bumper and keep driving it. That's what one of the guys at my old job did, anyway.

HyundaiAftermarket

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users