Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Does a car get totaled automatically if airbags deploy? - Hyundai Aftermarket.org

Toggle shoutbox Hyundai Aftermarket Shoutbox

187sks  : (23 September 2014 - 02:39 PM) Wow, it's been a while. Sorry, there's a lot of tail to chase and only so many hours in the day. Damn I've had an epic summer though...
Visionz  : (23 September 2014 - 07:12 AM) Posted a new topic -- Steve Saleen reveals more of the 2015 Saleen S302 Mustang in Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions
Visionz  : (23 September 2014 - 07:02 AM) Posted a new topic -- Will ET Be Here Soon? NASA Brings Scientists, Theologians Together To Prepare in Off Topic Cafe
Hyundai News...  : (23 September 2014 - 01:31 AM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: _14588 in Introduction
cowcool  : (22 September 2014 - 11:07 AM) Posted a new topic -- Beer flavored coffee in Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen)
Visionz  : (22 September 2014 - 07:42 AM) Posted a new topic -- Draculas Grave in Off Topic Cafe
Visionz  : (22 September 2014 - 07:29 AM) Posted a new topic -- I need one of these for the NY winters in Off Topic Cafe
Nikos  : (21 September 2014 - 04:10 PM) Posted a new topic -- Winter Tires in Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension
hawk  : (21 September 2014 - 04:05 PM) Posted a new topic -- Steel patches in External Appearance
Acqua Genesis  : (21 September 2014 - 03:36 PM) Posted a new topic -- Epoxy the garage floors? Good or bad idea? in General Performance & Hyundai Chat
Carbonred  : (21 September 2014 - 03:24 PM) Posted a new topic -- ISIS uses GTA 5 as a Recruiting Tool in Computers, Gaming, & Technology
Copa  : (21 September 2014 - 02:56 PM) Posted a new topic -- Arab civilization not looking good in Off Topic Cafe
i8acobra  : (21 September 2014 - 12:53 AM) A: I no longer care. LOL.
i8acobra  : (21 September 2014 - 12:52 AM) Q: How much does a gallon of gas cost?
Stocker  : (20 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) Posted a new topic -- So I did my own alignment today . . . in Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension
Negative  : (20 September 2014 - 07:37 PM) Brake booster, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, drum brake springs, shoes and brake lines replaced. After 30 or so minutes of driving the brakes slowly start to lock up, any ideas?
SR Tech  : (19 September 2014 - 06:45 PM) Posted a new topic -- BETA 1 TURBO MANIFOLD. PRICED TO SELLL in For Sale
Microbead  : (19 September 2014 - 03:10 PM) Posted a new topic -- Visit Us at the Boston Cup Car Show! in Vendor's Booth: General
radionut  : (19 September 2014 - 12:41 PM) Posted a new topic -- Sturts in Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension
rperry15  : (18 September 2014 - 06:03 PM) Posted a new topic -- Suggestions, please?? in Hyundai Veloster Forum
Resize Shouts Area

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the Hyundai Aftermarket community today!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does a car get totaled automatically if airbags deploy?

#1 User is offline   SCAccent 

• Group: Members
  • Vehicle: 02 Accent
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Tired

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

If you're in an accident, but only do minor damage to the front of your car, but the air bags deploy...is the car considered totaled regardless?

This didnt happen to my car. I was j/w

This post has been edited by SCAccent: 21 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

#2 User is offline   wheel_of_steel 

• Illmatic goat whisperer.
  • Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Spaced

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

I don't think so, because airbags are designed to be replaced. However, that's probably down to the insurance assessor.

In Australia at least, It's deemed a regular or repairable write off if the shop repairs are worth more than the car, and a statuary write off if the structure has been compromised.

#3 User is offline   killiger 

• Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

its totaled if the insurance company can save money by just paying you what the car is worth instead of fixing

#4 User is offline   Stocker 

• Group: Moderators
  • Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

For an 02 accent I'm guessing the answer will be "yes" because the value of the car will be < the cost to replace both bags and fix the front end of the car after you rearend somebody.

Then you buy it back from the ins. co. for a few hundred bucks, don't replace the airbags, replace the bumper and keep driving it. That's what one of the guys at my old job did, anyway.

HyundaiAftermarket

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users