Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Does a car get totaled automatically if airbags deploy? - Hyundai Aftermarket.org

Toggle shoutbox Hyundai Aftermarket Shoutbox

Hyundai News...  : (23 October 2014 - 06:28 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Billymartin14 in Introduction
Demonio  : (23 October 2014 - 04:59 PM) Posted a new topic -- 750 calories for $6 in Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen)
Hotrod  : (23 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) Posted a new topic -- For Sale; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar for 2013 Veloster Turbo in Hyundai Veloster Forum
Hyundai News...  : (23 October 2014 - 02:51 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Hotrod in Introduction
Tibbi  : (23 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) Posted a new topic -- Enuff brotein for ur gains? in Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen)
Tibbi  : (23 October 2014 - 11:12 AM) Posted a new topic -- Protesters intentionally block I75/85 downtown Atlanta traffic in Off Topic Cafe
Tibbi  : (22 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Posted a new topic -- Age of Ultron trailer! Eyegasms and possible self-defecation may occur in Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture
quickfx  : (22 October 2014 - 05:38 PM) Posted a new topic -- Intercooler efficiency vs. flow in Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction)
bathhurst_ge...  : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 PM) Posted a new topic -- Anyone had to replace their wheel bearings yet? in Hyundai Genesis Forum
hornet  : (22 October 2014 - 05:22 PM) Posted a new topic -- Real-life Hoverboard in Computers, Gaming, & Technology
Cam_Boy  : (22 October 2014 - 05:18 PM) Posted a new topic -- Formula One Could Be Heading To Las Vegas in Race Wars
aerotibby  : (22 October 2014 - 04:44 PM) Posted a new topic -- Age is nothing but a number in Health, Body, & Wellness
TiburonJay  : (22 October 2014 - 04:37 PM) Posted a new topic -- Shootings in downtown Ottawa in Off Topic Cafe
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) after im done with my wives tibby im gonna do a write up on it for the noobies and i aint gonna spend more than a $1000
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:34 PM) ones for a cavalier
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:34 PM) turbotechracing.com tranny mounts inserts will work on betas mounts to its an alternative higher priced ones and using sikaflex
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:31 PM) if you run a track bar similar to a 4 link on your lantra to your lower control arms attach it to the subframe underneath the rad area it will improve traction off the line and in corners darknights has somthing similar for the civic but they can be built for under $100 launch at any rpm and the car stays planted
187sks  : (22 October 2014 - 04:16 PM) '73 is a good year for the Nova. If the prices weren't out of this world I would like to have a muscle car for the weekends. I've had a bunch of V8's, they are definitely fun and where my roots are.
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:15 PM) i spent $1000 building that cavy
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:10 PM) i run a 73 ss nova w/a custom built g body frame sbc 4 speed muncie 3:73 my wife has the tiburon my old 95 cavy when i was a kid weighed 2200lbs and was dynoed at 218 whp 147tq N/A 12.5:1 compression
Resize Shouts Area

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the Hyundai Aftermarket community today!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does a car get totaled automatically if airbags deploy?

#1 User is offline   SCAccent 

• Group: Members
  • Vehicle: 02 Accent
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Tired

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

If you're in an accident, but only do minor damage to the front of your car, but the air bags deploy...is the car considered totaled regardless?

This didnt happen to my car. I was j/w

This post has been edited by SCAccent: 21 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

#2 User is offline   wheel_of_steel 

• Illmatic goat whisperer.
  • Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Spaced

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

I don't think so, because airbags are designed to be replaced. However, that's probably down to the insurance assessor.

In Australia at least, It's deemed a regular or repairable write off if the shop repairs are worth more than the car, and a statuary write off if the structure has been compromised.

#3 User is offline   killiger 

• Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

its totaled if the insurance company can save money by just paying you what the car is worth instead of fixing

#4 User is offline   Stocker 

• Group: Moderators
  • Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

For an 02 accent I'm guessing the answer will be "yes" because the value of the car will be < the cost to replace both bags and fix the front end of the car after you rearend somebody.

Then you buy it back from the ins. co. for a few hundred bucks, don't replace the airbags, replace the bumper and keep driving it. That's what one of the guys at my old job did, anyway.

HyundaiAftermarket

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users