Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Who has the newest Accent with a beta swap?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent

kinda old post. I've just been wandering the site after a long absence. I got a 05 accent with a beta 2. Im about to beta swap a 01 this time with an elantra ecm. I waited for my warranty's to run out before I did the swap on the 05.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i missed a spikie post :angry:

what next is rudy gonna come back and post he bought a new accent
Old 12-22-2012, 02:32 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/accent

Lol i got a 98 swaped but when i swaped it, it had 260 k on the shell i kinda save the peice of sh*t lol
Old 10-31-2015, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Hyundai Accent Hatchback

seems how it doesnt seem to have been mentioned. why would a person with a newer Accent want to do an engine swap? well first there is the warrenty. 10yr/100k power train warranty, SOME people go through the miles quite fast unlike myself and also the 10yr/100k warranty is NON-transferable through a peer-2-peer sale. so say someone bought the car, 3-4-5 years down the line they want a new vehicle for whatever the reason. the initial 5yr/60k (bumper to bumper) IS transferable but not the standard 10yr/100k. the buyer may have an interest in doing a swap to a bigger engine such as the Beta 2.0L. then there is MY case. where at 81K i had a timing belt fail resulting in cylinder 1 having no compression (most likely bent valves at best) after a belt swap. this was a non-warranty issue as i could not afford the $500 for the 60k maintenance for the belt yet. NOW im left with, "do i replace the valves myself or rebuild the original Alpha II 1.6L or do i look into the potential of a swap to a bigger engine such as the Beta 2.0L?"

Now that the issue seems to have been cleared up, individuals such as my self or other said persons (reasons dont really matter) would like to know if its possible and if so what would be involved in order to make the swap. i am weighing my options but i cant say i wouldnt like to have a bigger engine in my "08 Accent" and being as my 10yr/100k warranty no longer exists, i now have room for improvements.

so is there anyone that can shed light on this topic?
Old 11-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

You'll be on your own for this swap. I think it has been done but as far as I know not by anyone that posts here. For what it's worth the easiest route is probably a low mileage junkyard 1.6l engine. If you look around it'll be no more than $500 and replacing the engine isn't really tough. Just do the timing belt and water pump before you install and you should be good. I also do the valve cover and oil pan gasket since it's so easy out of the car.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011

Looking for my accent into beta swap, excited to see the result.