Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

2006 - 2010 Hyundai Sonata 3.3 V6 strut bar

Old 05-14-2011, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 - 2010 Hyundai Sonata 3.3 V6 strut bar

Hello members,

I've been in contact with the chassis tuning company, Ultra Racing (http://www.ultraracing.com.my/) in hopes of having a front strut brace manufactured for the 2006 - 2010 Hyundai Sonata with 3.3 V6. Ultra Racing currently manufactures a quality on piece non adjustable steel bar for the 06 - up Hyundai Sonata with 2.4 liter http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3250

(bar will not fit 3.3 which is not stated. I tried and still have new!)

If enough interest is generated, than production will begin. I will gather additional information on pricing and pre-order as it becomes available. If interested in finally having a quality strut bar available, please e-mail Evan at having at Evan@nextgentuning.com. Put Hyundai Sonata 3.3 V6 strut bar in subject line and include that your a member of www.hyundaiaftermarket.org in your e-mail.

Also, if any members are located in the Rome (Central) NY area, even will need test vehicle (06 - 2010 Hyundai sonata with 3.3 V6) to test fit the new bar. e-mail Evan for additional information on having your vehicle used to create the bar.

Thanks for your time !
Old 06-21-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by HSpeed
Hello members,

I've been in contact with the chassis tuning company, Ultra Racing (http://www.ultraracing.com.my/) in hopes of having a front strut brace manufactured for the 2006 - 2010 Hyundai Sonata with 3.3 V6. Ultra Racing currently manufactures a quality on piece non adjustable steel bar for the 06 - up Hyundai Sonata with 2.4 liter http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3250

(bar will not fit 3.3 which is not stated. I tried and still have new!)

If enough interest is generated, than production will begin. I will gather additional information on pricing and pre-order as it becomes available. If interested in finally having a quality strut bar available, please e-mail Evan at having at Evan@nextgentuning.com. Put Hyundai Sonata 3.3 V6 strut bar in subject line and include that your a member of www.hyundaiaftermarket.org in your e-mail.

Also, if any members are located in the Rome (Central) NY area, even will need test vehicle (06 - 2010 Hyundai sonata with 3.3 V6) to test fit the new bar. e-mail Evan for additional information on having your vehicle used to create the bar.

Thanks for your time !

Just a follow up with regard top 06-2010 strut bar for V6 Sonata. I've been in contact with Evan Carollo of NextGen Tunning, and he has a strut bar however, needs test vehicle to test fit it into before manufacturing can begin. If any member has a 06 - 2010 Hyundai Sonata (3.3 V6) and is located near or around Rome NY, and is available, please contact;

Evan Carollo

NextGen Tuning

E-Mail: Evan@nextgentuning.com
Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM

Just a follow up regarding strut bar.

Awaiting follow up from Evan at NextGen Tunning / Ultra Racing. Existing Ultra Racing bar was test fitted back on 8/6/11 (thanks to a member from Hyundai House of Power forum who resides in the area).

If anyone is interested, I have available, new Ultra Racing bar # UR-TW2-653. $100 plus shipping. Will fit 06 - 2010 Sonata with 2.4.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Oh dang, here I was just getting my hopes up last week that this was going to become reality
Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Sonata GLS

Just a follow up regarding strut bar.

I've yet to receive a follow up from Evan at NextGen Tunning / Ultra Racing. Existing Ultra Racing bar was test fitted back on 8/6/11 (thanks to a member from Hyundai House of Power forum who resides in the area). Evan was to also test fit the following KFX strut bar, to confirm claim it can be installed in 3.3 vehicle without issue (not a one piece steel bar, manufactured from aluminum);

KFX Performance - Hyundai and Kia Performance and Styling Parts - Front Strut Bar for Hyundai Sonata 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: KFX Performance

On a different subject, I've since been in contact with Ed at R2C Racing after I came across the following post on genesisowners.com;

http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai...d.php?p=119874

Ed has expressed interested in producing an air intake however, needs a 06 - 2010 3.3 V6 test vehicle. He's currently looking in the area however, if anyone is interested in providing a vehicle, here is the location / information;

Ed

R2C Performance Products LLC

350 Corporate Woods Parkway

Vernon Hills, IL 60061

708-488-8211 Phone

708-366-3563 Fax

racing@r2cperformance.com

If anyone is interested, I have available, new Ultra Racing bar # UR-TW2-653. $100 plus shipping. Will fit 06 - 2010 Sonata with 2.4.

HSpeed, Do you still have that strut bar available?

Jon
Old 09-14-2013, 06:42 AM

Just a follow up regarding Ultra Racing bar # UR-TW2-653. Bar has been sold to himilcyclr.

Would like to add that transaction was a positive one, and would recommend himilcyclr as trusted buyer!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 PM

Just a follow up regarding Ultra Racing bar # UR-TW2-653. Bar has been sold to himilcyclr.

Would like to add that transaction was a positive one, and would recommend himilcyclr as trusted buyer!

Thanks HSpeed. Right back at you! The bar fit perfect and is a definite improvement in the handling and feel of my Sonata.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by himilcyclr
Thanks HSpeed. Right back at you! The bar fit perfect and is a definite improvement in the handling and feel of my Sonata.
Glad to hear installation went well. How did installation of the other suspension parts go (End links, Eibach Springs, Gabriel struts & shocks, KYB mounts, bump stops & boots)?
Old 09-21-2013, 10:55 AM

Glad to hear installation went well. How did installation of the other suspension parts go (End links, Eibach Springs, Gabriel struts & shocks, KYB mounts, bump stops & boots)?

I've had some tendonitis in my left hand so no other parts have been installed at this time. Did find a rear OEM spoiler that came in the mail yesterday. My living room is an SE in disguise. :biggrin:
Old 09-24-2013, 03:51 AM

Wait around for hands to heal and you end up upgrading things! I liked the UltraRacing Strut bar so well I decided to order the UR rear swaybar. So, UR Strut Bar, 20 MM UR Rear Sway Bar & 27MM/SE Front Sway Bar. I liked the thought of decreasing the understeer with the heavier rear bar (20MM vs 17 MM/SE) Also, not losing the added value of the rear bar by adding the larger front sway bar. UR Front is 30MM vs 27MM for the SE. That's how my brain has it figured. I let you know how it all works out.