Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

My Carpc

Old 10-16-2009, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

a TON of time went into that. BTW there is no bondo or FG on that b****, it's was made completely with two part epoxy resin. Tough shit, but you have no idea how much time I spent sanding (epoxy is HARD to sand), and then going over again and again with the resin. I probably put 40 hours into molding, test fitting, cutting, remolding, etc. If I had to do it over again I would have started with the epoxy resin and then used kitty hair (fiberglass reinforced bondo) to finish it up, with some glazing putty for the final finish, so much easier to work with. BTW that was my first ever project using any type of resin. Learned a ton.

I definitely think it looks alot better with a molded din then with a pop out screen.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

it agree...

i also went the two part epoxy resin, with less than desirable results.

angel hair bondo it, then regular bondo, then start hitting it with the glazing putty(two part glazing putty, not the crappy stuff). it will turn out great and reliable. much better and more quickly made tan the epoxy route.