Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Removing Glove Box - Hyundai Aftermarket.org

Toggle shoutbox Hyundai Aftermarket Shoutbox

Hyundai News...  : (23 October 2014 - 06:28 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Billymartin14 in Introduction
Demonio  : (23 October 2014 - 04:59 PM) Posted a new topic -- 750 calories for $6 in Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen)
Hotrod  : (23 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) Posted a new topic -- For Sale; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar for 2013 Veloster Turbo in Hyundai Veloster Forum
Hyundai News...  : (23 October 2014 - 02:51 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Hotrod in Introduction
Tibbi  : (23 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) Posted a new topic -- Enuff brotein for ur gains? in Chef's Corner (Hells Kitchen)
Tibbi  : (23 October 2014 - 11:12 AM) Posted a new topic -- Protesters intentionally block I75/85 downtown Atlanta traffic in Off Topic Cafe
Tibbi  : (22 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Posted a new topic -- Age of Ultron trailer! Eyegasms and possible self-defecation may occur in Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture
quickfx  : (22 October 2014 - 05:38 PM) Posted a new topic -- Intercooler efficiency vs. flow in Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction)
bathhurst_ge...  : (22 October 2014 - 05:26 PM) Posted a new topic -- Anyone had to replace their wheel bearings yet? in Hyundai Genesis Forum
hornet  : (22 October 2014 - 05:22 PM) Posted a new topic -- Real-life Hoverboard in Computers, Gaming, & Technology
Cam_Boy  : (22 October 2014 - 05:18 PM) Posted a new topic -- Formula One Could Be Heading To Las Vegas in Race Wars
aerotibby  : (22 October 2014 - 04:44 PM) Posted a new topic -- Age is nothing but a number in Health, Body, & Wellness
TiburonJay  : (22 October 2014 - 04:37 PM) Posted a new topic -- Shootings in downtown Ottawa in Off Topic Cafe
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) after im done with my wives tibby im gonna do a write up on it for the noobies and i aint gonna spend more than a $1000
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:34 PM) ones for a cavalier
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:34 PM) turbotechracing.com tranny mounts inserts will work on betas mounts to its an alternative higher priced ones and using sikaflex
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:31 PM) if you run a track bar similar to a 4 link on your lantra to your lower control arms attach it to the subframe underneath the rad area it will improve traction off the line and in corners darknights has somthing similar for the civic but they can be built for under $100 launch at any rpm and the car stays planted
187sks  : (22 October 2014 - 04:16 PM) '73 is a good year for the Nova. If the prices weren't out of this world I would like to have a muscle car for the weekends. I've had a bunch of V8's, they are definitely fun and where my roots are.
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:15 PM) i spent $1000 building that cavy
turbo4tampon  : (22 October 2014 - 04:10 PM) i run a 73 ss nova w/a custom built g body frame sbc 4 speed muncie 3:73 my wife has the tiburon my old 95 cavy when i was a kid weighed 2200lbs and was dynoed at 218 whp 147tq N/A 12.5:1 compression
Resize Shouts Area

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the Hyundai Aftermarket community today!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Removing Glove Box Can't...

#1 User is offline   StrikeEagle 

• Post Whore In Training
  • Group: Members
  • Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

I was trying to take my glove box out, and couldn't. I looked in the manual, and it said remove the two bolts and then pull it out. I removed the two bolts as directed, but couldn't remove the thing! I did notice there was a screw next to each bolt, which I tried to remove, and only succeeded in stripping it, no luck getting those out. So I'm wondering if I do need to remove that screw, or if whatever it's attached to just comes out also.
Here's a picture of the area (the bolt is already removed, the screw is next to it.
Any advice?

#2 User is offline   redturbulance 

• Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

Shouldn't have to remove that screw that just holds the hinge to the glovebox itself....I think you just need to pull a little harder and it will pop out of the top.....can't remember but it isn't that hard

#3 User is offline   StrikeEagle 

• Post Whore In Training

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

^^ You mean the top edge comes out first? Then on the bottom, does that white plastic piece behind it come out also? Seems like the screw is going in there too.
Thanks!

#4 User is offline   DTN 

• Woot-Woot
  • Group: Forum Specific Moderator
  • Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Amused

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

If I remember correctly from the itemized parts breakdown, it should be a whole hinge assembly that bolts up to the top and secures the glovebox.

#5 User is offline   Tak82 

• Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Overworked

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

old post?..yes but in case u were still defeated by the glovebox, you have to squeeze the side's of the glove box to loosen the rubber bushings holding the glovebox to the dash.

#6 User is offline   wheel_of_steel 

• Illmatic goat whisperer.
  • Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Spaced

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

I would hope that he'd have figured it out at some point in the last five years or so.

#7 User is offline   Regit 

• Post Whore In Training
  • Vehicle: 2000 tib
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Just Chillin

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

squeeze man squeeze!!!

#8 User is offline   StrikeEagle 

• Post Whore In Training

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Actually never did get this one figured out. Didn't really HAVE to take it out, so never really got back around to it. Thanks for the extra advice though!

HyundaiAftermarket

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users