Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Removing Glove Box - Hyundai Aftermarket.org

Toggle shoutbox Hyundai Aftermarket Shoutbox

XTC29  : (20 October 2014 - 08:18 AM) Posted a new topic -- BETA 1 and 2 Coil on Plug Mod in Engine, Intake, Exhaust
Hyundai News...  : (20 October 2014 - 07:50 AM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: XTC29 in Introduction
SonataR  : (19 October 2014 - 06:24 PM) Posted a new topic -- Niki Lauda Thinks Modern F1 Cars are Bullshit in Race Wars
twinturbo3.8...  : (19 October 2014 - 06:21 PM) Posted a new topic -- LMFAO WTF is this? in Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions
BlackAccent02  : (19 October 2014 - 06:18 PM) Posted a new topic -- Making headlights permanently clear in External Appearance
donnie  : (19 October 2014 - 06:13 PM) Posted a new topic -- Anyone diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder ? in Health, Body, & Wellness
WRC_Accent  : (19 October 2014 - 06:05 PM) Posted a new topic -- Men have 15 minutes to impress a woman in Off Topic Cafe
sanigene  : (19 October 2014 - 06:01 PM) Posted a new topic -- What are your plans for your car next year? in Hyundai Veloster Forum
sanigene  : (19 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) Posted a new topic -- Female Robin in SvB:Dawn of Justice in Photography, TV, Music, Art, & Culture
Hyundai News...  : (19 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: turbo4tampon in Introduction
Hyundai News...  : (19 October 2014 - 08:00 AM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: morenojd in Introduction
Hyundai News...  : (17 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: KyleS in Introduction
CARiD  : (17 October 2014 - 06:46 AM) Posted a new topic -- Allweather floor liners for your carpet floors in Vendor's Booth: General
touchless2506  : (16 October 2014 - 07:41 PM) Posted a new topic -- Click, click, click........CLICK. in Hyundai Tiburon Forum
Visionz  : (16 October 2014 - 05:51 PM) Your Mom
slow 2K2GT  : (16 October 2014 - 01:37 PM) parts!
187sks  : (16 October 2014 - 01:13 PM) Boobs.
Tibbi  : (16 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) Posted a new topic -- Alternator gone, time to upgrade in Hyundai Tiburon Forum
Hyundai News...  : (15 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: icdedbabiez in Introduction
Hyundai News...  : (15 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) Posted a new topic -- Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: QM'sminion in Introduction
Resize Shouts Area

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join the Hyundai Aftermarket community today!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Removing Glove Box Can't...

#1 User is offline   StrikeEagle 

• Post Whore In Training
  • Group: Members
  • Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: None Chosen

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

I was trying to take my glove box out, and couldn't. I looked in the manual, and it said remove the two bolts and then pull it out. I removed the two bolts as directed, but couldn't remove the thing! I did notice there was a screw next to each bolt, which I tried to remove, and only succeeded in stripping it, no luck getting those out. So I'm wondering if I do need to remove that screw, or if whatever it's attached to just comes out also.
Here's a picture of the area (the bolt is already removed, the screw is next to it.
Any advice?

#2 User is offline   redturbulance 

• Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

Shouldn't have to remove that screw that just holds the hinge to the glovebox itself....I think you just need to pull a little harder and it will pop out of the top.....can't remember but it isn't that hard

#3 User is offline   StrikeEagle 

• Post Whore In Training

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

^^ You mean the top edge comes out first? Then on the bottom, does that white plastic piece behind it come out also? Seems like the screw is going in there too.
Thanks!

#4 User is offline   DTN 

• Woot-Woot
  • Group: Forum Specific Moderator
  • Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Amused

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

If I remember correctly from the itemized parts breakdown, it should be a whole hinge assembly that bolts up to the top and secures the glovebox.

#5 User is offline   Tak82 

• Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Overworked

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

old post?..yes but in case u were still defeated by the glovebox, you have to squeeze the side's of the glove box to loosen the rubber bushings holding the glovebox to the dash.

#6 User is offline   wheel_of_steel 

• Illmatic goat whisperer.
  • Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Spaced

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

I would hope that he'd have figured it out at some point in the last five years or so.

#7 User is offline   Regit 

• Post Whore In Training
  • Vehicle: 2000 tib
  • Current Mood: Current Mood: Just Chillin

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

squeeze man squeeze!!!

#8 User is offline   StrikeEagle 

• Post Whore In Training

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Actually never did get this one figured out. Didn't really HAVE to take it out, so never really got back around to it. Thanks for the extra advice though!

HyundaiAftermarket

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users