Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Who/what Is Compact Divisions

Old 11-01-2007, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey All
Thought I'd post up a thread here for an intro and general questions

Me ... Craig Cooper. Owner and fabricator of Compact Divisions

Website- www.compactdivisions.com
Email - info AT compactdivisions.com
Phone # - PM if you wish to contact by phone
I'm located just outside of Toronto, Ontario so unless you've got a company gas card shipping of parts is generally advised fing02.gif

I've been in the composites business for just about 5 years now and have generally specialized in automotive/motorcycle parts but have many other custom jobs out there that I'm very proud of.
I can fabricate pretty much anything on or in your car from carbon fiber, kevlar and/or fiberglass. Whether it be a simple ash tray overlay or a full weight savings replacement dash board, it can be done! I've even done odd/silly parts and overlays like toilet seats, switch and electrical plates, rings, necklaces, emblems, rims, I even overlaid a full set of bar stools before. So if you can think it, it can probably be made.

If there are special request parts that you'd like made for your car or have a certain part for overlay just shoot me a PM or email.
However, as you probably already know, if not you will now.... carbon fiber parts aren't Cheap. There is alot of time, effort and money that goes into things like research, testing, mould making, equipment, raw materials and post finishing work. So please don't waste my time or your own with questions like "how much would it cost to overlay my entire car" Do alittle research on your own and find out how much certain things generally go for on the internet. That way you won't get "sticker shock" and be better informed.
This is a full time venture, believe my girlfriend when she says "you work too much, I never get to see you!!"....... response "what?? 16hour days isn't working too much, quit naggin me" lol

I plan on getting alot of stuff going for the RD so be patient with me as we go along.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away!!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you are a dream come true. there have been a lot of promises in this forum, a lot than never came true. bottom line is if you pull through there is lots of business here but you sort of have to earn it with the way our past is. so you make the parts, show photos of them piled up ready to ship, members recieve them and your second wave will be twice as large as the first.

warm welcome.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 PM

Craig is a great guy... he meshed my stock grille and painted it for me. and i bought the Ported and Pollished (Stage 1 before ther was a stage 2) Intake Manifold and had an amazing paint job added.

Compact division has gone great things for the GK tib.

Craig i wish you made a CF hood and Hatch for the Elantra! its so hard to find a CF hood for the 01-03 elantra
Old 11-01-2007, 11:50 PM

you are a dream come true. there have been a lot of promises in this forum, a lot than never came true. bottom line is if you pull through there is lots of business here but you sort of have to earn it with the way our past is. so you make the parts, show photos of them piled up ready to ship, members recieve them and your second wave will be twice as large as the first.
warm welcome.

thanks for the welcome, technically again lol
oh I'm well aware of the issues of vendors in the hyundai market. It makes me mad because I have to work extra hard to earn that trust. No worries though, it should pay off me thinks wink1.gif

QUOTE ( @ Nov 1 2007, 10:32 PM)
Craig i wish you made a CF hood and Hatch for the Elantra! its so hard to find a CF hood for the 01-03 elantra

Thanks for the props man wink1.gif

I would, but honestly, theres a few reasons why I haven't, I know its kinda selfish but one of the reasons being, I already have a hood )POS( as it might be. Another, I would need atleast 8-10 to make up for the mold costs and I honestly don't think there are 10 in the buying circle right now. Just to get the first 10 a few years back took almost 8 months just to get 10 paying members.