Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Interesed In Switching To Push Clutch?

Old 10-26-2005, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was pondering yesterday on how i could get a clutch to hold 450whp and not spend 1500 on a coustom build twin disc setup. Well a mechanic friend who builds pulling trucks suggested switching to a push style clutch as they are more readily available to hold high hp. Well i did some thinking and i currently had an old 1st gend mitsu eclipse flywheel pressure plate laying around. I took some measurements and wam the bolt pattern is the same? who would have guessed. Well i did a little machine work on it and turned the od down put the tib starter ring on and machined our locator hole in. I now have a flywheel that fits the tib. I have a throw out bearing on order from oreillys should be in today and i will be playing around with getting everything to fit. And i have to convert the throw out bearing arms to a pull style but If it works out I will eventually be doing this for others if they want. So far everything is going kosher and if the throw out bearing looks like and is aproximatly the size i hope this will be an easy solution to our shitty clutch availability now. There are so much more clutches available for a 1st and 2nd gen mitsu ranging from stock 250 ft bls to 600ft lbs then even going to dual discs for 1500. Just thought i might share this with some of you i know there will be a few very high hp cars coming out and they need a solution. Later.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:10 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

to convert your stock tranny from a pull to a push all you have to do is get the following

the fork and bearing guide from the XD

remove your oem pull forks and bearing guide

on the out side of the tranny you have you slave cylinder now. you have three holes around it you will mount it at a angle

then you flip the lever that comes off the fork upside down

this is 100% safe and has been done here since the xd went to a push type here and my car has this mod as well so if you have any ??? call me at 9032589679

john
Old 10-26-2005, 06:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^^^Dude!!! This is something a couple people were having problems with here. How come you didnt tell us sooner? It's hard to find a clutch that will hold without it being too harsh. Can you make a DIY with some pics?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Mad_John, can you write a DIY with some pics? it would be awesome fing02.gif
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 AM

i will try to post this weekend
Old 10-26-2005, 09:58 AM

ive never had any problems with my clutchnet clutch at ~400 WHP and its almost 2 years old now
Old 10-26-2005, 11:19 AM

i havent had any problems with the clutchnet one either...

But still.. this conversion would kick ass...

Dam.. and to think.. i threw away that XD tranny stuff...
mad.gif
Old 10-26-2005, 05:59 PM

Yeah no shit thanxs for telling us lol j/k Yeah everything works great with the eclipse clutch i did modify the clutch release bearing forks to work with a mitsu 2nd gen turbo throw out bearing but other than that most stuff is the same i know exaclty what your talking about with the slave cyl as it bolts directly to the other location and is perfect fit almost.

As for your conversion what clutch are you using? as i know the mitsu flywheel is diffrent and requires some machine work. are you using the stock flywheel if so what pressure plate? and do they make a high pressure one? any info would be great.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:42 AM

I did some research on this issue yesterday and found out here in the us the xd elantra dose not have a push style clutch must only be over there. It isnt that hard to modify and make a new one on the other hand. I still dont know what clutch you are using over there. I did see some pics of tiburons in a korean magazine and they do have this mod so i know what your talking about. We need somthing over here though A hydrolic throw out bearing would work great or a diffrent model that the release arm would come off. Anyway i have the clutch installed and seems to be working Its an ACT 2600lb pressureplate with the act 4 puch unsprung hub. Supposedly this is good for 500-550 ft lbs of torque. And is a reliable tried and true clutch. Please let us know what clutch you are using that would help alot as then all we need is a reliable sorce for relase arms.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 AM

this is what i am running in my car

http://www.oguraclutch.co.jp/orc/pdf...cat_2plate.pdf

but what i dont understand is why they did not go with the push type over there

i know that the accent tibby,xd,vernna,gk to my knowlege you can use certian parts form each the xd and gk here is push i know that

and part wise i will hook all up who are intrested should me only 2 parts the fork and the bearing collor