External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Warning for Fake Veilside Body Kits

Old 08-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: SAFC Wiring

This post has been created because I have received many e-mails asking questions about the Veilside body kit that I own, and how I made it fit. So many people buy "fake" or "replica" copies of the Veilside body kit under the impression that it's the real thing. You can get these fake body kits for a cheap $500-$700 on EBay or some online stores (such as JFRacing).

One e-mail I received complained about sideskirts being 1-2 inches too long, the front bumper sticking out 2-3" too far from the fenders, and being impossible to mount. The headlight holes don't line up and leave a 2-3" gap above or below the actual headlights, making your headlights useless at night. The rear bumper is known to have large gaps around the tail lights, and not lining up under the hatch closing area. This one person paid $700 + shipping to get the body kit. He paid a body shop $1200 just to make the body kit fit, not including the paint and prep of the kit. For this much money he could have bought the real thing, at better quality, and put the body kit on himself.

I installed my body kit myself, with the help of a friend, in my carport. The sideskirts and front bumper took 4 hours, including removing the factory bumpers and sideskirts, and installing the new. The rear bumper took another 4 hours to remove and install (I had been in an accident prior and the rear bumper had several pop-rivetts that were near impossible to remove and had to be cut out). I did this with no body work experience and never putting a body kit together. Anybody can do this.

Just because a bumper has a Veilside logo does not mean it's real. Anybody can put a logo on their bumper. Veilside has an official "stamp" on the underside of the bumper showing it's theirs. If you are buying from a company other than that listed in it's list of distributors, it's more than likely a fake kit. None of the Veilside distributors sell on EBay. The Veilside body kits do not come with a baby blue, blue, yellow, red, or any other color gel coat. They come in white only. I ask those who do own a Veilside body kit NOT to post pictures of what the "official Veilside stamp" looks like on the back of the bumpers, so that we don't have companies replicating that as well.

If you are interested in the real body kit, visit http://www.Veilside.com and look at a list of their distributors. They have a few scattered across the United States. Contact them and ask about prices. Last I saw, they were about $1500 - $1800 for the full body kit.

My car has been used to help sell FAKE Veilside body kits on EBay, as well as some company websites. I have NOT authorized use of my car or pictures of my car to be used, and try to keep my car clear from all websites that sell replica body kits.

If you have any questions and would like to contact me, e-mail me @ majikTib@yahoo.com

Brandon
-majikTib-

Nashville, TN
Old 08-07-2004, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Zefiro Gen I frp vent hood

nice post brandon. we don't need ppl rippin off the REAL thing.

it's good to let all the noobs out there that if you think u're saving money by buying a replica... u're really spending too much because you will have to pay someone to put it on correctly...

if you want the best... buy the best. go Veilside.... not Vader or any other EBay replica
Old 08-08-2004, 11:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Tons Of Stuff For Sale, Stock Parts, CAI, other stuff...

Not to mention Majik, doesn't the stamp have a Serial # on it?

Next time for somethin like this brotha, make it a Sticky.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Warning for Fake Veilside Body Kits

idk, my vader kit came in bright blue but it fit perfectly. makes the car look 100% better than it did, and at a much less price tag... I'm not sure tho if the real kit is made of tougher fiberglass, got mine from bodykits.com they will replace the piece if some sh*t like that happens where ur kit is 2 inches longer
Old 08-09-2004, 07:57 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe
Default Re: Low Idle

Sorry guys... I don't have a body kit fitted... & I'm not in a rush to go out & get one either... but how the hell do these bastards get away with making/ selling kits that are "two inches too long here, a few inches out there, a foot too wide here..."??? Don't they use a mold to make their kits? Don't they use an actual real car to make these molds? I've seen some pretty awfully finished stuff out there...
Old 08-09-2004, 08:21 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: Low Idle

I also suggest that anyone that has a veilside kit put watermarks on their images that are posted on the web. Brandon's pictures have been used to dupe unsuspecting buyers on eBay.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Warning for Fake Veilside Body Kits

REDZ, I was going to but I don't have those powers, as this isn't my forum to moderate. I was going to contact you as soon as I saw you, Java, or Voidd online, and not away from the computer. Thanks for doing it for me wink.gif

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe)
Sorry guys... I don't have a body kit fitted... & I'm not in a rush to go out & get one either... but how the hell do these bastards get away with making/ selling kits that are "two inches too long here, a few inches out there, a foot too wide here..."??? Don't they use a mold to make their kits? Don't they use an actual real car to make these molds? I've seen some pretty awfully finished stuff out there...

They make molds of other molds, which may have been made from other molds. They sell the kits on EBay quoting, "Veilside Style" or "VS Style" implying that it's actually a REAL Veilside. Some will flat out LIE and call t a Veilside body kit. EBay will remove these auctions if they are notified, because selling fake products (without listing that they are fakes) are prohibited.
Think of it this way: if you make a mold of the outside of the rear bumper, a bumper that fits perfectly, the mold is going to be a little bigger than the one used (common sense). Now, if you make a mold of the 2nd bumper, the new mold is going to be slightly larger and may not be as perfect as the previous one. Thus, this bumper is even bigger than the previous. Hard to put into words, but do you get the concept?

JalemX - you are one of the RARE people I've talked to that actually had it fit perfectly. I would go with the sure thing, rather than taking chances.

I have seen one 'fake' Veilside body kit, completely installed and painted, cruising around my area. It seems he's always having it crack, chip, or flat out break off all the time. It seems like he always has a new bondo patch on his front bumper lol.gif With this body kit, you WILL scrape, it's a fact. When you sit 2.5" off the ground WITH FACTORY SUSPENSION, sometimes you just can't avoid it. I saw another 'fake' Veilside body kit at NOPI Southeastern in Bristol, TN. It was blue, and the sideskirts were very poor quality. They had stress cracks EVERYWHERE! The judge even mentioned it to me when he judged my car, and I let him know it was a fake EBay rip off. Sad thing is, that blue one took home 3rd place for Tiburon Mild, and I was stuck in All Asian Wild. But that's another story...

Buy Veilside. Don't buy the fake body kits. Even if it fits, more than likely the fiberglass is very thin and weak. It's worth saving up and buying the real thing. It will benefit you in the long (and short) run.

QUOTE (javageek)
I also suggest that anyone that has a veilside kit put watermarks on their images that are posted on the web. Brandon's pictures have been used to dupe unsuspecting buyers on eBay.
VERY TRUE. Unfortunately, too many of my pictures have been used already. I have been able to close several auctions because they were using my pictures to sell fake kits. If you see my car being used, trust me, I didn't authorize the use of my pictures. I just haven't been able to decide what type of watermark to use so that they wouldn't use my pictures. Even if they didn't use mine, they've used James (I think that's his name, silver VS in MT), Jason (yellow VS in TX), or Shannon (red VS in KY). These are all REAL Veilside kits, I think we all had them before the fakes even came out.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:31 AM

Default Re: New wheels and other stuff

Thanks for the info Majik..I was tempted to buy a kit from ebay but now, thanks to you, I know for sure they're fake.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Full Angel Eyes install/Bumper Removal/Wiring

If you are buying a Veilside body kit, and the company you are purchasing it from is NOT shown on this website, it's a fake.
http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/dealers.html
Old 08-31-2004, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Custom FG subwoofer enclosures

Majik, check out this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=36475