Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

widebody fenders

Old 07-19-2010, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 & 2001 Tiburon

Awesome HKC! Just the thought of having these on my car!

How much money are we talking about? I bet if we got a GB going we could get at least 3 more people wanting to do this, especially considering this is probably the only widebody option right now(I think). I wouldn't have any problem putting money up front as long as it's a reputable company.

Honestly, these kits should sell themselves. Ever since I saw my first kit car pictures I knew I wanted this kit, but I never thought I'd have it!

Some of my favorite pics\/\/\/

Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 PM

it appears that these should fit on either rd1 or rd2 to me.. if so i would love a set for my rd2 that looks beastly
Old 07-30-2010, 04:27 PM

Any update on this?

Also, I'm pm'ing you with an idea I had HKC.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

drpapadakalis, the two rear panels would be molded anyways, so the shop doing that could mold the headlight spacing to fit correctly. It has been done before, only once haha.

We've been talking about members putting up money for funding the purchase, and it would be such a great thing for the community as a whole to behold. Plus, there are a few of us who would seriously buy this. But I'm declining this because I've shipped my bumper from London before and there are <u>many</u> surprises along the way. It's not a very easy task, considering it's almost on the other side of the globe. If I were to buy this, I would be taking my own risks. That's why it will have to be a wait, granted the contact still hasn't sold it off.

He asks for the entire kit to be purchased. $1200 USD + shipping cargo to Poland across the channel. Then I bring half of it via suitcase, my shipping co. takes care of the bumpers via cargo ship.

I need a job, but am in a situation where I cannot earn more than $4,000/year or else I lose my dependency status and my education isn't free anymore.

*BTW: There's like 4 of us in this thread sad.gif That's not good*
Old 08-04-2010, 02:48 PM

hey Winston: i found a spoiler that could be easily sanded and fiberglassed to look like the real F2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05-2000-...sQ5fAccessories

http://www.mercadoracing.org/imagenes-anun...e-kit-car_1.jpg

cooler if you can find one in CF.

i'm sorry but i won't be able to come up with the money as i owe every penny back to my father for my curb rash earlier in the year. but i am still trying to sell everything i can. i will be selling my eibach springs--that money will be mine but it's not much.

here is the FS topic:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hyundai-Coup...amp;topic=15275

i cannot purchase this, but i would be more than happy to offer to pick it up in PL and try to get around customs fees.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the spoiler HKC, it looks promising. The mounting holes are 1.5" off on either side but that shouldn't be too big of a problem. I've had some experience with ebay "OEM style" spoilers and the quality is pretty bad. For how cheap it is though I may just go ahead and get it.

I'm getting the Jeep back on the 12th, really not sure how much I'll get for it though. I checked ebay and ones similar to mine go for anywhere between 2K - 5K, so it's kind of a crapshoot. I have to purchase a more economical winter vehicle after I sell it, but anything extra is "pocket money" lol.

If you picked up the kit in PL wouldn't you have to ship most of it back anyway?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:11 PM

i think it would be a lot of work and time to build up a spoiler and it's just something i don't have right now. even if i did get the money, i have a lot more important things it needs to go to. don't get me wrong, if i had a job and worked a lot like before (the sole reason my Tiburon is hooked up) then things would be fine.

if i go to the junkyard like this weekend, then i will keep an eye out for one of these just to tinker around.

i'd take all the fenders with me. i would only have to ship the bumpers but i think i have a way around customs when i take cargo freight.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:28 AM

Couple more images:

I'm currently working out shipping these but it's missing the front bumper, skirts, and hood vents. I'm going to have them copied and sell them if I can but I'm afraid there's not enough interest in order to copy them.