Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

pin outs

Old 11-22-2009, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent, 97 Hyundai Accent, 1985 Chevy K-5 Blazer, 1987 Ford "F150 Custom" W/Inline 6
Default pin outs

ok im thinking about putting my 1.6 and the ecu into my x3 and i got the hyundai shop manual and the hyundai shop electrical manual and i know i seen it in there before but now im accualy looking for it im having a hard time finding it what i need though is the pin outs from the 1.6 ecu to the gauge cluster and all that to see if they match up i would love to think they're the same and all will plug right in seeing how the lc came with both motor options it would make it easier but i dont want to put the motor into it and find out i got to rewire and not be prepared for it but just not expecting it lol and i know im going to hear a few people say do the beta swap but im thinking about it this way my lc2 is going to get a beta swap and im not doing anything with that motor or the stage 2 clutch thats in it so why not just use it in my x3 power gain + smoother running motor not to mention my 1.5 has been smoking sence the day i bought it and i know the rings are going just dont want to spend the money on it and im watching every month my gas go up and power go down from it lol so i was thinking about doing it now sence its not the summer when i should of done it and i would be freezing my ass off in the whole thing lol yay sounds like fun any how any help would be appreciated but if not then its all good i'll just have to go threw these huge ass books with alot of coffee and cigarettes... i know bad habbit im trying to quit lol best advice dont start
Old 11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I don't have the pinouts handy although somewhere I do have a set of pinouts for the 2003 and I can find them if you need me to. The X3 and the LC2 don't have the same pinouts. The RD, J2, and X3 do have the same pinouts however, so a 1.5l DOHC ECU from an X3 would run your 1.6l in your X3. You would need to adapt some things, such as use a return fuel rail instead of the LC2's returnless fuel rail (your 1.5l fuel rail maybe?), but it can be made to work. Running a 2.0l ECU would also work and maybe even net a little bit of power gain from the 1.6l.

With what a Beta costs here my suggestion is to list your 1.6l on craigslist and buy a 2.0l Beta I. Then re-use your 1.6l clutch and transmission on the Beta. You can buy and use a RD/J2 ECU in the X3 to run the Beta I.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent, 97 Hyundai Accent, 1985 Chevy K-5 Blazer, 1987 Ford "F150 Custom" W/Inline 6

that always is an option never thought about selling my 1.6 i just thought of it as i have the 1.6 set up not in use lol and so far i spent 1 hour after i made this post looking in both my books lol i think i narrowed it down to the C26 or C27 connectors but both books dont want to tell me anything about which pin is which ><
Old 11-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I agree with trying to sell the 1.6 and grabbing a Beta if possible. Here you can get them for like 250 with real low mileage.

Also, try to take an extra minute to use some periods. That first post was impossible to read.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM

lol sorry, im ussualy always in a rush
Old 01-11-2010, 01:55 AM

hey every one havn't been on in a while, thought i would drop by say hi to everyone and also found out that between the 1.5 and 1.6 ecu's there is only 6 pin outs that are different. I'm going to go through with the swap probably in a month next paycheck im going to be buying a 54" flat screen and it wont leave me with much afterwords lol. but i will make a DIY on it or just throw some pictures and info together something lol. I also found out that the library over here has alldata which is where i found the pin outs and it was realy helpful thought i would throw that out there incase your local librarys has it for free like mine does.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Good info. Good luck with the swap. Keep us updated. smile.gif
Old 01-13-2010, 08:44 AM

will do. still will be a while cause when i do the swap im going rear disc, shave my doors, and do a little custom modification with cutting flares off of a mk II jetta at a local junk yard front and rear cut mold weld and forming to a nice smooth shape and flare my car out enough to put some real tires on it lol. I'm not a big fan of the stock tires i like to look at as a spare tire lol and my car is too low to put regular tires on it... as well as even at stock hieght i was still rubbing and scrapping with regualr rims and tires on it which reminds me i still need to buy tiburon e-brake cables... i just hope i dont have to do much work or fabrication to put on the RDs rear hub set up