Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Oil Pressure Gauge install?

Old 11-14-2009, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Accent
Default Oil Pressure Gauge install?

Hey guys, so ive invested in some gauges.. uego wideband, and oil pressure/fuel pressure.

how do i install the oil pressure gauge? it's an electric gauge, not a mechanical one.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

You can use a sandwich plate with a threaded hole for a sensor, and then you can run an oil cooler later if you want to.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM

Can anyone tell me where the factory oil pressure sender/switch is located on the x3??

the gauge came with it's own sender that i need to thread in... but i dont know where to thread it in!

checked HMA. but im not that great at it yet.. all i could find in engine electrical was oil temperature sender?

do i use that? or is there an oil pressure switch somewhere i can use the sender in place of?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Administrator

If you take out the oil pressure sending unit I think your oil light will stay on all the time, or you'll have a CEL, or both.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:55 AM

QUOTE (187sks @ Nov 18 2009, 03:22 AM)
If you take out the oil pressure sending unit I think your oil light will stay on all the time, or you'll have a CEL, or both.

nah. called the hyundai dealership too.

it's just connected to a dummy light on the dash, once the switch sees below a certain PSI in oi, it trips the light to warm you.
if you pull the light.. just the dummylight on the dash wont come on again to warn you that your oil pressure is dangerously low.. but then again, it's a decent toss up.. lose the dummy light that warns you it's low enough where you shouldnt be driving it in the first place.. and gain a gauge that tells you what your actual fuel pressure is

and if it does throw me a CEL, oh well. tongue.gif my cel is constantly on anyways due to the rear o2 code smile.gif
its my nightlight for nighttime driving hahahhaha. the warm glowing lamp
Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Administrator

It's on the front of the block under the hard line going to the water pump about the middle of the engine.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 AM

thanks man. not long ago i figured out where it was.. took me a LONG time on hma..

they have it listed for the 1995/1996 x2 sohc.. but dont even list it at all in the 98 model guide. wtf? lol weird..

wonder hwy they just felt they needed to ommit something that crucial a few years later from their pages.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You could go to the head also I think. Im not positive on the Alpha but I know on the driver side of the head on the Beta there is a plug you can unscrew and you can go off that for oil feed for a turbo or a gauge.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:20 PM

the plug i tapped into was the factory alpha oil pressure switch.. i just took out the oil pressure switch and used that to put my aftermarket sender in.

worked like a charm.. just have to replace the sender now.. because it's faulty.

cold start the car's oil psi reads 60.. then drops to 22 which is factory pressure.. then just drops to zero.. when i blip the gas.. the pressure goes up.. but it driops back down to zero.. which isnt right.. because teh car at IDLE runs 22psi oil pressure from that port.

gonna grab a replacement oil pressure sending unit and see how it goes.

one gauge done.... 1 to go (wideband)