Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

SAFC WIRING DIAGRAM

Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door
Default SAFC WIRING DIAGRAM

fir those who want to put a safc in your car to squeeze out some power with proper tuning..here's a wiring diagram..

NOTEO NOT LET THE BARE WIRE'S OF THE SAFC TOUCH EACH OTHER WITH THE POWER ON, THIS WILL CAUSE A SHORT AND "BRICK" THE SAFC..WHICH MEANS THE SCREEN IS PERMANANTLY FUCKED!! and your SAFC IS useless & unusable!!

Redower..12v..turning signal or sensor power
Brown:ground
Black: ground
Green:RPM..orange wire on coil pack connector
Gray:Throttle..
yellow..map sensor..ecu side
white..map sensor..sensor side
NOTEn the map sensor wires, find the signal wire for the map sensor on the car, should be a blue wire, cut it i half

the wire that leads to the map sensor..hook up the white wire
the wire that leads to ecu..the other half of the signal u cutted..goes to the ecu which is yellow

SAFC-2's have a purple wire for knock sensor..the knock sensor is orange and located on passenger front, near the a/c compressor
Old 10-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Very nice! *Looks across the garage at the SAFC sitting there*
Old 10-02-2008, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Elantra(Dead project) 1986 Golf(Track whore) 2000 Ranger(Daily)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Oct 2 2008, 02:23 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Very nice! *Looks across the garage at the SAFC sitting there*</div>

You know the one that we are going to install.. SOMEYEAR!!??!?

Dont forget, get those grounds on two separate ground wires from the ecu. Or, more than an inch apart on the same wire.

I found a wicked awesome pictorial for the SAFC wires..

Obviously the ecu wires are not the same.. But you get the gist.... I just found the correct pin-outs from the Elantra ECU. My tach wire was a solid white with a green stripe. I dont know why they had to use different colors for each car. Silly Hyundai...
Old 10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Administrator

I think I will modify that graphic to match the 1.6l ECU and wiring. smile.gif

And yeah, I want to install the SAFC. I've been dragging my feet on it because I would prefer to swap engines and run a standalone but who knows if/when that'll happen...
Old 10-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Ok, I updated the schematic to match a 2003 1.6l Accent based off of my Electronic Troubleshooting Manual. Looking at DREROB's pinout schematic it looks like it'll work for a 2000-2002 also and the odds are good that it'll work for a 2004-2005 too but I can only personally say that this is correct for the 2003. Even then, if you attempt to follow this schematic you do so at your own risk I assume no responsibility for damages and I don't guarantee the accuracy.

Pin 03 - Ground to G11
Pin 08 - Engine RPM signal to tachometer
Pin 16 - Throttle Position sensor signal from TPS
Pin 19 - Knock sensor signal from knock sensor
Pin 37 - Air Flow signal from MAP sensor
Pin 44 - +12v power from engine compartment fuse box

The SAFC-II instructions say very specifically to ground the SAFC-II's brown and black ground wires to the same wire 1CM apart with the brown wire on the ECU side. In the instructions they claim even having the black and brown wires reversed can cause problems.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Oct 3 2008, 12:50 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, I updated the schematic to match a 2003 1.6l Accent based off of my Electronic Troubleshooting Manual. Looking at DREROB's pinout schematic it looks like it'll work for a 2000-2002 also and the odds are good that it'll work for a 2004-2005 too but I can only personally say that this is correct for the 2003. Even then, if you attempt to follow this schematic you do so at your own risk I assume no responsibility for damages and I don't guarantee the accuracy.

Pin 03 - Ground to G11
Pin 08 - Engine RPM signal to tachometer
Pin 16 - Throttle Position sensor signal from TPS
Pin 19 - Knock sensor signal from knock sensor
Pin 37 - Air Flow signal from MAP sensor
Pin 44 - +12v power from engine compartment fuse box

The SAFC-II instructions say very specifically to ground the SAFC-II's brown and black ground wires to the same wire 1CM apart with the brown wire on the ECU side. In the instructions they claim even having the black and brown wires reversed can cause problems.</div>

cause problems? like what?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

Nice, I'm thinking about gettting a SAFC. Is it worth it, to buy one?
Old 10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fintile @ Oct 4 2008, 12:30 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>cause problems? like what?</div>
I don't know, it just said it in the SAFC-II manual.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jsharptooth91 @ Oct 4 2008, 12:53 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Nice, I'm thinking about gettting a SAFC. Is it worth it, to buy one?</div>
I know it made a big difference on Wilbur's Elantra, before long I'll put it on my car and find out.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Oct 4 2008, 08:44 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know, it just said it in the SAFC-II manual.
I know it made a big difference on Wilbur's Elantra, before long I'll put it on my car and find out.</div>

i never found a setting that worked..i don't know what a/f ratio beta lc's run..but something about hyundai's running pig rich from the factory..

hey, wilbur..what settings are u using?

also..my a/f gauge don't work, light bounce's annoyingly at night and it's distracting..should i just get a 04 elantra wideband 02 sensor and see if that'll work?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Administrator

That's because it's hooked to the crap narrow band O2 sensor. You'll need a wideband to do it right. You'll want to add it to another O2 bung.